Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Join My Community!

This past weekend, I had the honor of speaking at the InHome conference in St. Charles, Illinois. I presented 3 sessions: Single Parent Homeschooling, Homeschooling Boys, and Boundless Energy: Understanding (and Respecting) Boys' Need for Movement.

It was an inspiring experience, to say the least! At times over the past year, I have felt like "less-than" a homeschool parent. Three of my kids are in school full-time. The fourth takes classes at school. Because of my need to work, I rarely get together with homeschool families anymore, and no longer attend our local homeschool group.

But you know what? I AM A HOMESCHOOLER! I am a single parent homeschooler who is educating and supporting her sons in a way that makes sense for her family. In other words...the conference helped restore my confidence, and re-doubled my desire to help other homeschoolers, particularly homeschoolers who are educating boys.

So I've started two new projects. One is a Facebook page, Homeschooling Boys. Come join us to discuss the joys and challenges of homeschooling boys. We'll also share helpful tips and tricks. (Today, I posted a video about helping boys learn to write.)

I've also started Tweeting from #HSingBoys. If you're on Twitter, follow me. I'll be tweeting and retweeting info that will help you educate you sons. I'll also be Tweeting my upcoming conference appearances. (Next up: The Wisconsin Parents Association conference in May.)

Come join me! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

1 comment:

  1. Just joined your page. Good luck with your projects, they sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete