Monday, June 4, 2012

Real Life With Boys

This weekend, I was attempting to hurry my 6-yr-old through his bedtime routine when he started scrawling something on the steamy bathroom mirror.

"Stop th--," I said, my voice trailing off as I suddenly realized what he might be writing.

His finger continued through the condensation, then he pulled back and smiled at me.

"I LUV MOM," the mirror said. I gave a silent prayer of thanks that I managed to stop my tongue mid-hasty reproach, and hugged my son.

He pointed his finger again. Reached for the mirror. And wrote "SUMTIMES" just below "I LUV MOM."

Gotta love that boy's honesty!


5 comments:

  1. I hope the mirror wasn't somewhere in a dangerous high up place he had to climb to!

    -Irwin Zinkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's finally tall enough to reach it from the floor.

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Here is the link to my post http://asimplelifereally.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Blessings,
    Jalynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story. And congrats on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete