My 1st blog award -- courtesy of my sister-in-law and fellow blogger, Heather. (If you're at all interested in infertility or PCOS, I encourage you to check out her blog, Journey to a "Wondraful" Baby.)
Honest Scrap is a chance for bloggers to recognize each others' work, and an excellent opportunity for blog readers to find some gems they might be missing. Here's how it works:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
So first, my 10 Honest Things (and since this is a blog about boys, I'm going to try to keep it raising boys):
1) I'm not-so-secretly glad that I have all boys. No testy mother-daughter relationship to worry about!
2) But happy as I am to have boys to raise, I fear I'll miss having a daughter when I'm older. It would be amazing to see my own child go through pregnancy and childbirth.
3) One of the reasons I'm glad I have boys? My genetic history, which is positive for breast and ovarian cancer. My boys are still at an increased risk of cancer, but at least they don't have breasts or ovaries to worry about.
4) Changing a girl diaper now just seems weird to me.
5) I know the whole Bob the Builder theme song.
6) My boys have shown me the wonder of so many things I'd missed before: throwing rocks into the river, crafting dams out of mud, catching insects, etc. The list is ongoing.
7) I really got into learning about dinosaurs too.
8) Another reason I love having boys: I don't have to do anything to their hair. I rarely, rarely, RARELY comb their hair.
9) I fully appreciate the convenience of boys. If we're out-and-about, say at a park, and there's no bathroom nearby, I let them pee on trees.
10) Hubby and I have been taking a series of classes to help us improve our marriage. As crazy as my boys think that is (actual quote: "Why do you have to learn that stuff? You've already been married for 16 years!"), I believe that marriage is the base of the family. Anything we do to strengthen our marriage also strengthens our family.
Now, onto the nominations!
1) Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers : I'm a new visitor to this blog, but I love it already.
2) Pack of Hungry Snails : Firefly Mom simply has the best music on her blog. Plus, her homeschool group does some pretty cool things.
3) Sandra Dodd : One of my homeschool inspirations.
4) Free Boys : This blog is by a father who lives an unschooling life with his family. Thought-provoking!
5) Something Good Happened : Let's face it: we all need to remember to look on the bright side. This is a new blog, but I think it can grow into something great.
6) Making Meaning from the Mundane : One of the first blogs I followed. Lynn is a fellow writer, and the writing here is just fabulous.