Monday, May 10, 2010

10 Blogs to Read Before I Sleep

Blogathoners all over the Internet are posting the top 5 (or 10) blogs they can't live without today. And while I can certainly live without blogs, there are certain blogs that keep me up way past my bedtime. Here's a sneak peek at what I'm reading when I should be sleeping:

Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers -- Kris is a phenomenal resource. If you want to know anything about homeschooling -- how to do it, what a typical day looks like, where to find curriculum, what math program would work best for your active learner - WUHS can help you out.

Boy Crazy -- The writing here is sublime. And since this blogger has three boys of her own, I can definitely relate to her world!

Outnumbered Mom -- Are you a "boy-mom?" This mom of four boys has written a book just for moms of all boys. Watch for it later this summer!

Living in Splitsville -- As a mom going through a divorce, I've found this blog (by a mom/writer who's a little further along in her divorce) to be oddly comforting.

BIKE with Jackie -- I met Jackie during the Blogathon last year, but continue to follow her blog because she inspires me to be a better person.

The Happiest Mom -- This blog's tagline says it all: Happy. Mother. You really can use both words in the same sentence.

Blog Salad -- Ron Doyle is hilarious. And smart. And sensitive. Plus, he gave me an award.

SingleParentSavings -- This is a new one for me (thanks, Blogathon 2010!), but I've quickly come to love it.

Project Happily Ever After -- A marriage blog might seem like a crazy choice for a divorcing woman, but Alisa's writing and advice is so straight-on and amusing that I inevitably spend way too much time on her blog.

Mothers for Women's Lib -- I'm passionate about parenting, pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding, and this blog has some of the most excellent, thought-provoking articles on the Web.

6 comments:

  1. darn it i missed the cut! LOL i'm #11 though right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, Jennifer! You are an awesome writer with an incredible blog yourself, so the compliment means that much more coming from you. Thank you! You made me smile today. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a gem—and your blog is still a Ripe Tomato in my book! And for what it's worth, your commentary on my blog is often the only thing that keesp me posting outside Blogathon season. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you've inspired me to create my own list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! I loved meeting you and getting to spend some time with you in person in New York. Hope we'll meet again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, thanks!! I'm on my way to check out the others you mentioned.

    Blogging 'bout Boys is a must-read for me!

    ReplyDelete