Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

  • Four wonderful, healthy boys who challenge, inspire and teach me every single day
  • Acts of kindness from friends, neighbors and strangers
  • A close-knit community
  • A church that welcomes my children as valuable members of the faith community
  • Technology! I couldn't live the life I do without the Internet.
  • The ability to read. Did you ever stop and wonder how much richer your life is because you know how to read?
  • Red wine and coffee
  • My woodstove
  • Our puppy, who, like my boys, challenges me daily, but brings so, so much to our lives.
  • The Muppets (this one might be because I saw The Muppet Movie today, but c'mon -- I really think the Muppets make the world a better place)
  • Quiet times for reflection
  • Camping trips with my boys
  • Hikes in the woods
  • Plentiful work -- and the ability to make a living doing interesting work I enjoy
  • Online communities that create real-life connections (FLX!)
  • The fact that I am still standing, four years into the recession and one year post-divorce. While so many in the world struggle, I still have my children, my friends, my home and my family, and that is everything.
Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

What are you thankful for this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment